Spring has sprung here in East Tennessee and I am thrilled. The flowers are blooming, the birds are chirping, and the windows are open. It’s pretty awesome. So here are my top 10 reasons why I love spring.
1. It’s warmer. I’m not a cold weather person. I love the sun, need the sun, want the sun.
2. I love sleeping with the windows open. Sure, our neighbors have a rooster that wakes me up at 6am, but that’s when I need to get up anyways.
3. This is very similar to #2, but I love sleeping with the windows open WHILE it’s raining.
4. The flowers are GORGEOUS!! And make me happy.
5. It’s the time I find out I didn’t kill things. Before you assume I murdered someone, I have something to confess. I’m not that great at gardening. So when things bloom in the spring (see the picture of my peach tree above) I get so excited.
6. Longer days. More sunshine in the day means more time to get stuff done! And I love that.
7. Candy. I unleash the fat kid around Easter and I have to admit I love everything from dying eggs to the malty easter egg candy.
8. Spring leads to summer. I’m a summer gal. Always have been and spring is just full of the promise of summer.
9. Doing things outdoors. After a full winter I look forward to grilling outside, sitting on the porch, going hiking, and taking a walk.
10. Tree frogs. I LOVE the sound of the frogs peeping. It brings back so many memories and lulls me to sleep. Hooray for spring!