That’s right! Gasp! Today is your last chance to take advantage of my awesome 15% off portrait session deal! What are you waiting for? Either go over to http://www.runawayalice.com and contact me through my contact page OR give me a call! If you are a previous client now is also the time to order a cd of your images. That way you can print a whole bushel of photos for your Mom, Grandmother, Aunt or other Mother figure before Mother’s Day. Don’t let it sneak up on you. Seriously, I’m waiting to hear from you. Just waiting…
And here’s the best part, you don’t even have to tell me if you’re not going to use the photos for Mother’s Day. You can just get 15% off your photo session and keep them ALL to yourself. Pretty nifty huh?
Last Friday I spent the morning at Cades Cove hiking Abram’s Falls. It was the perfect day for a hike, not too cold, not too hot. The day started out pretty cloudy but the sun came out by the end. Nothing better than getting out of the office on friday morning and going for a hike. Continue reading
It’s that time again! Time for me to share my Pinterest addiction with the great wide world of the interweb. So here it is folks, back by popular demand…Top 10 Pins of the week.
2. Suitcases! I love that old fashioned suitcases are making a come back in more than just fashion. There are lots of crafty and resourceful ways to use suitcases these days.
3. Outdoor shower. I need one in my life.
4. Potstickers! This is a recipe I haven’t tried yet, but I am excited to. I’ll be honest, I’m a little intimidated but I think the results will be delicious.
5. Isn’t this cool?! I think I may try it this weekend. It seems pretty simple but an easy way to create your style.
6. More bookshelves, that’s what everyone needs in their life.
7. New spin on wrapping without a bow! I think this could be applied in many ways, not just wrapping. I’m sure you could use it for scrapbooks or other crafts. Unique idea though.
8. I love bird tattoos. I think they are just beautiful, especially sparrows or blue birds.
9. Irish car bomb cupcakes, need I say more? I know you guys will want the link to this one.
10. I have wanted a terranium for quite awhile. I don’t know why I keep trying to have plants when I just kill them but I do. Anywho, I think this is a perfect solution for people like me who have very curious kitties. If you google them, some even have tops. Great idea for pet lovers who still want some indoor plants!
Well folks, that’s it for now. Let me know what you think or if you have any links to share to similar topics!
My new business cards are in!
So as I explained, I’m addicted to Pinterest. So I thought I would share my Top 10 Pins for this week. These are completely random, completely based on my mood, what I like, what I don’t, what I feel like, why I’m crazy etc. But I figure it’s always nice to share things like this. Hopefully they might help you, inspire you, or make you laugh like they did me. #1 is at the top. It’s St. Thomas, and I need to go there.
Photo by Annie Leibovitz
People Portraits: Exercise 2 was pretty in depth in a way I didn’t expect. This exercise focus wasn’t on taking pictures but on researching them. Chris Orwig separated the exercise into several steps: defining the task, cheating an agenda, celebrate and view, collect and save, and critque and define.
Photo from www.cakeandallie.com
Dish-o-the-Week! Egg Rolls! Who doesn’t love Egg Rolls? I was very impressed with this recipe and it was a huge hit with Speed Racer. I was so impressed in fact that I forgot to take pictures of it, oops! Sorry, I was too busy diving into these suckers. I found this recipe on Pinterest and it’s from www.cakeandallie.com. She has tons of great recipes on there that sound delicious and are easy to follow. I highly recommend you check it out!