I thought I might have to introduce myself since its been soooo long since my last post. I’m ashamed, really I am. And I could make promises to you about how in 2012 I’m setting a goal of writing more on my blog…but I’m not going to. Why? Because you are my faithful readers, at least, if you’re still reading this. You are still reading this right? Right? Hello?? Anyways, back to the point. I’m not a huge fan of New Years Resolutions. I just think, why should it just be with a new year that we make resolutions? Why don’t we make resolutions all the time? And lets be honest. A lot of the time we make New Years Resolutions with the full intention of breaking them. So here are a few things I’d just like to do this year, in general.
1. Read more. A lot more. I’m a bit of a tv-aholic at times. It’s relaxing, I get sucked into shows. But does it better me? Not always. And I think I’m missing a lot of books that I would really love to read. So there is one.
2. Plan a trip. Whether or not I actually go on this trip is yet to be determined, but I love the excitement of hoping and planning for a trip. Maps and all.
3. Write more on my blog. Now I know what you’re thinking! That sounds awfully like a New Year Resolution. BUT I think I have gotten away from doing some of just the fun posts about life on my blog. I really DO enjoy writing on it, I just sometimes let the business of life get in the way.
4. Photograph more. Along with blog writing, and reading, I have forgotten to just go out and photograph for the heck of it! Which is not only fun but also priceless to growing as a photographer.
5. Be a better person. Now this baby is a little broad. I secretly have little mini goals within each of these broader goals to help keep me on task. Last year I realized that I was so caught up and busy that sometimes I would forget to just listen to people or to do something small for someone. I think we should always strive to better ourselves and I would like to continue to do so.
So that’s a start on my Non-New Years Non-Resolutions. Have any that you’d like to share? Drop me a line.